Subject: Re: [Boost-users] template trick
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-19 03:08:34

On 18 February 2014 12:42, gast128 <gast128_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I recently watched Stephen Lavavej's excellent channel9 video 'Core C++, 2
> of n' in which he described a nice trick to stop template argument deduction:
>
> template <typename T>
> void (T t1, typename std::identity<T>::type t2)
> {
> }
>
> Browsing the internet for a similar problem, I recently discovered that
> Peter Dimov already described this trick in 2002 in 'Template function type
> inference with references' comp.lang.c++.moderated.
>
> Boost is more for the libraries, but could it also reserve some space for
> documenting these template tricks?

There is actually a place for things like that, but it hasn't been
updated for years, so it's woefully out of date:

http://www.boost.org/community/cpp.html

I'm really not sure what to do with it. No seems keen to do this kind
thing, and http://isocpp.org/ is tracking C++ development articles, so
it might be redundant now anyway.