Subject: [Boost-users] value_type in Typed In Place Factory
From: Adam Badura (adam.f.badura_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-17 05:27:34

According to header file boost/utility/typed_in_place_factory.hpp (as
linked from documentation:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/boost/utility/typed_in_place_factory.hpp)
typed_in_place_factory
has member type value_type which is the constructed type.

Yet documentation (
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/libs/utility/in_place_factories.html)
fails to mention it. Why? Is it not part of the interface (I would assume
so based on not mentioning it in documentation...)? Or was it just
forgotten? I find such value_type quite useful...

And since I'm already writing let me note that the mentioned documentation
has also another minor issue. In Specification section the
sample in_place_factory and typed_in_place_factory should be named
in_place_factory1 and typed_in_place_factory1. As this is how they are
really named. Or it should be stated explicitly that the actual name is
implementation dependent.

Adam Badura