Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost 1.56 with QT creator, “LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_unit_test_framework-vc100-mt-gd-1_56.lib'”
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-20 04:00:32

Hi Manuel,

please do not top quote. Thanks!

Am Montag, 20. Oktober 2014, 12:55:40 schrieb Kavita:
> Thanks for the all the replies and very sorry for my late reply.
>
> I am using Windows 7, QT creator uses compiler of Visual Studio 2010. Do I
> still require MingW ?

No, this is a valid combination.

> Also, I have downloaded binaries of Boost, so should I download a complete
> version of it and then build using bjam ?

The binaries are usually sufficient for standard builds.

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am working on a project of boost unit testing framework using QT
> >> creator. I have written a small test program and trying to link
> >> "libboost_unit_test_framework-vc100-mt-gd-1_56.lib". This library is
> >> present at specified path. But program fails to compile giving said
> >> linking error.
> >> I searched on net and found that, error should go with "#define
> >> BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB".

BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB disables autolinking support. Autolinking support usually
works fine on Windows.
Please take a look at
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_56_0/more/getting_started/windows.html
for decoding the information in the library file name.
Please attach the complete linker output next time. Partial information is not
helpfull at all.

> >> But then, I am getting below error:
> >>
> >> main.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class
> >> boost::unit_test::test_suite * __cdecl init_unit_test_suite(int,char * *
> >> const)"
> >> (?init_unit_test_suite@@YAPAVtest_suite_at_unit_test_at_boost@@HQAPAD_at_Z)
> >> referenced in function _main
> >>
> >> The above function is a part of
> >> "libboost_unit_test_framework-vc100-mt-gd-1_56.lib".
> >>
> >> I have written same unit tests using VS 2010 and with the same boost
> >> libraries. The program worked properly with expected behavior.

Then you have different compiler settings. Please compare the generated
commandline of Visual Studio and QtCreator. Both should use the same set of
flags and link against the same libraries. If this fails, make a minimal test
case of your QtCreator project.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1