Subject: [Boost-users] boost MSM
From: christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden]
Date: 2014-11-10 15:32:13

Hi Raj,

>I have been using boost msm, i have two state machines each with around 30 transitions / 4 regions , no submachine etc for now...
>it perfectly fits the bill on what im trying to do, thanks for the great library, one issue i face is ,
>the debug build takes for ever to compile and the size is very big (the optimized one with no debug symbol compiles pretty fast)
>and when errors happens the compiler (template barf) goes for pages and pages .. any hints on this please?

What compiler are you using? If VC, the problem could be “Enable minimal rebuild”, g++ is bad with debug, mingw even worse. I don’t know if some compiler options can help (I think I got some slight improvement by playing with –O). In the end, I avoided the problem by switching to clang (half compile time, half memory costs).

Cheers,
Christophe