Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Boost.SIMD] Interest in library
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-20 15:40:36

On 17/11/2014 10:09, dariomt_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in trying out Boost.SIMD. Where can I download the latest
> stable version?

Latest stable version is 3.1.0, that you can download at
<http://nt2.numscale.com/downloads/>

Documentation is here:
<http://nt2.numscale.com/doc/html/boost_simd.html>

> Any idea when it might get proposed for Boost review? I think it would
> be beneficial if it is added to the Boost Incubator until then.

We're working on improving compilation times, which requires some
important redesign of the library.
The library will be submitted for review after that.

It's been going on for the past few months, but those efforts are
finally coming to an end!
Expect something soon-ish.

> Also, in http://meetingcpp.com/tl_files/mcpp/slides/12/simd.pdf slide 36
> I see mention of a vectorized Thomas Tri-diagonal Solver.
> I thought the data dependency made the algorithm unfeasible for
> vectorization, so I'm *very* interested to learn how Boost.SIMD helps in
> this case. Is there more information available about this?

You can try looking at the paper on this topic,
"A Parallel Solver for Incompressible Fluid Flows" by Yushan Wang.

Hopefully Joel Falcou, who also worked on this project and also browses
this mailing list, can tell you more about this.