Subject: [Boost-users] boost variant + boost serialization unused type
From: Merrill Cornish (merrill.cornish_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-03 16:31:44

Using boost::variant with boost::serialization gives me a warning about
unused type in the boost::serialization namespace:

D:/Boost/boost/serialization/variant.hpp:69:75: warning: typedef 'types'
locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
      typedef typename
boost::variant<BOOST_VARIANT_ENUM_PARAMS(T)>::types types;

I looked up boost::ignore_unused, which says it's for unused types also,
but everything I've tried for using in my code (following the definition
of my variant) results in a syntax error or other bug claim.

How should I use ignore_unused in this case?