Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost] [afio][v1.30 "C++ Now edition" released]
From: Pete Bartlett (pete_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-18 05:41:43

> On 18 Mar 2015, at 04:47, Niall Douglas <s_sourceforge_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Dear Boost,
>
> I am very pleased to announce the v1.30 release of proposed Boost
> AFIO, a Boost library implementing asynchronous file input/output
> which has been in the review queue since 2013.

[...]

> This release took far longer than I originally intended mainly due to
> the
> extensive debugging of weird filing system races, and for six weeks
> now I've
> been working till 5am every night after my day job. I cannot tell you
> how glad I am to see this release out!

Hi Niall,

You are obviously very proud of this library and I believe rightly so. You've worked hard on it and in terms of things like soak testing it probably sets a new high watermark for Boost libraries. You're also a highly active member of this community. So why is the library always "proposed".... When is there going to be a review? :)

Regards,
Pete