Subject: [Boost-users] [MPL][Config] Can no longer pre-generate headers for MPL-containers with more than 50 elements.
From: Deniz Bahadir (deniz.bahadir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-09 11:26:49

Hello everyone,

While playing around with the current Boost release-candidate
(1.58.0-RC3) I noticed that pre-generating MPL-headers for
MPL-containers with more than 50 Elements seems no longer possible.

Up till at least Boost 1.55.0 I was able to pre-generate these
MPL-headers using the python-scripts from Boost-source ([1]) with the
help of a bash-script which I already described here [2].

Internally, these python-scripts seem to use GCC to generate these
MPL-headers. They also seem to partially circumvent Boost.Config by
using custom user.hpp files located in subdirectories of [3] and
defining BOOST_NO_CONFIG and some other macros therein.
However, this does not seem to please Boost.Config so that
compiler-errors ([4]) occur.

Defining the macro BOOST_CONFIG_ALLOW_DEPRECATED as [4] suggests seems
not to help. It just silences the warnings but does not generate proper
files. (It actually erases the content of almost all header-files in
subdirectories of [5].)

Does anyone know how to workaround or better fix this? Or does anyone
know who to talk to, to get these problems fixed?
Also, I would suggest, that documentation for these python-scripts are
added to the documentation of Boost.MPL.

Best regards,
Deniz