Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Project linking problem with boost
From: Max (more4less_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-16 04:08:10

----- Original Message -----
From: <Mark.Bartosik_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost-users_at_[hidden]>
Date: 2015-04-15 22:59

Try one of the /VERBOSE options on the linker’s command line will get you this information, I cannot remember which is the most painless one though.
From the command line: /VERBOSE[:{CLR|ICF|INCR|LIB|REF|SAFESEH|UNUSEDLIBS}]

/VERBOSE:LIB
You can find this under Properties, Linker, General, Show Progress

You can also set directly Properties, Linker, Command Line

As I recall just /VERBOSE:LIB should generate a lot of output about which library is pulled in (and hopefully by which other library).
Just the /VERBOSE output generate a huge amount of output (minimize the window and open with text editor later or it will be a long wait).

-
Mark
-

Dear Mark,
Thank you very much for your information - I didn't know this technique before.
The problem is, though the problem seemed to be related to the linking process, the message as in my previous email was emitted by VS2008 before the linking process begins. So for the time being, I cannot benefit from adding extra switches to the link command.
Best regards,Max