Subject: [Boost-users] Project linking problem with boost
From: Max (more4less_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-15 08:48:46

Hello,
The problem here relates to boost, but I'm aware it may of more general nature rather than boost specific.
I had a weird problem with my project. It has a bunch of dependencies including many of the boost libraries. My platform is: Win7SP1 + VS2008SP1 + boost1.39.0.
I have properly set the VC++ directories for both include and lib files pointing to the boost folder (1.39.0) and of course those for other dependencies. But I got the following message when I built the project:
1>Linking to GSL lib1>Linking to lib file: CGAL-vc90-mt.lib1>Linking to lib file: libboost_date_time-vc80-mt-1_34.lib1>Linking to lib file: libboost_regex-vc80-mt-1_34.lib
I don't know why VS was attempting to link to libs of boost 1.34.0 built with VC80 (I'm using VC 90 - VS2008)
Could anybody please give me some hints about this problem or where the message like "Linking to lib file: ..." came from?
Thanks.
Best regards,
Max