Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Cgi Status
From: Michael Ainsworth (michael_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-01 07:50:16

> Has it been seven years? I'm going to assume that's a lie and move merrily on. ;)

I was referring to this post: http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2008/05/137491.php

I've actually worked on and off on a CGI library for the past 5 years or so myself. I understand, and now that I have a baby I thought my personal learning project would benefit from being integrated with an existing project with similar goals, and boost is the knees. Video of my template engine (like Google cTemplate): http://youtu.be/B7Uxbz_Ywa4

> As far as I know it's being used in several production sites, but I think there are a number of things that would be required of the library before I'd consider it of the quality required to pass a boost review.
> I've not had time to polish the library, add the full suite of tests it requires, add a client side part of the library*, etc. If yourself or anyone was interested in improving the library I'd be happy to accept pull requests (or bug reports)! A few others have helpfully already done as much.
>
> The library is on github [1] in case you're looking for the current set of sources.
>
> Cheers,
> Darren
>
> * The library is kept relatively nice and simple by the fact it only addresses the use case of a website behind a general-purpose web server; maybe there is no need for a client-side part of it?
>
> [1] https://github.com/darrengarvey/cgi

Will read through the source code and see what time I may be able to commit.

Thanks for the reply.