Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Locale on Windows not building with runtime-link=static
From: Thomas Ziegenhagen (thomas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-23 06:49:12

Thank you both, stathis and John John Maddock.

I did not open a new ticket. I instead realized that the only thing from
locale I'm actively using is the gettext, so I simply isolated and
shortened the code to my needs. Gets rid of ~30MB of dependencies, avoids
the hilariously complex process of building boost.locale with ICU support,
AND finally allows me to link the runtime statically. It also avoids the
laughable /dir/to/the.moon/LC_MESSAGE/file.mo directory structure, and
last but not least it removes all the locale stuff creeping into global
state and suddenly reformatting numbers in an XML file, for example. What
a mess.

Thanks again. Issue solved.

Bye, Thomas