Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Locale on Windows not building with runtime-link=static
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-18 13:19:11

> So this is a bug in the build files? Is there a simple quickfix I can
> apply to my local installation to be able to carry on? Should I open
> an issue in Trac?

I had a quick look, and both regex and locale have this issue - and it's
the same one - once you tell them to use ICU, they insist on
runtime-link=dynamic. That's because last time I checked, that's the
only build configuration ICU supports by default. Plus it's actually
bloody hard to correctly configure ICU usage (not helped by ICU
continually changing their library names!).

So.... by all means open a Trac issue, but don't hold your breath (at
least as far as regex is concerned).

I think the quickest and easiest way around this is to treat those two
libraries as just a bunch of source files, and build them directly from
your IDE - this presupposes that you have an ICU build that also uses
the static runtime.

HTH, John.