Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Serialization how to use serialize without nvp
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-27 14:53:31

On 3/27/16 10:48 AM, Bjorn Reese wrote:
> On 03/23/2016 12:45 PM, gast128 wrote:
>
>> We want archives the same for debug and release.

Hmmm - doesn't the current system create the exact same libraries for
debug and release? That is, an archive created by a program compiled
for debug should be readable by a program compiled or release and
vice-versa. If this is not true, I'd consider it a bug and I'd
like to know about it.

So I tried a couple
>> of things:
>> * use primitive_type: This doesn't work if the type T is a string.
>> Basically
>> it doesn't come in the 'load(std::wstring &ws)' anymore, since it now
>> routes
>> to operator<< and then all kinds of nasty thing happens for xml archives.

I'd need more details. The most recent version has some changes in the
handling of wide characters - especially across different locales. So
I'd be curious to know more about this as well.

Robert Ramey