Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [units] division with absolute temperature
From: João Leal (joaoruileal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-19 04:35:58

Thank you for the reply!

I was thinking of using the absolute temperature in a modeling framework.
I don't really know which units the user is going to use.
The kelvin units were just used in the example to show my difficulties in
using absolute temperature dimensions.
I am afraid the user can do something like temperature = 20 * celsius while
hoping to get (273.15 + 20) * kelvin.
Unfortunately, if I use absolute temperature to avoid this problem, then
that variable needs to be converted to relative temperature every time it
is used in expressions (e.g. ideal gas law: n = PV/(RT)).

I'll probably use relative temperatures and document it very well.

Best regards,
João Leal