Subject: Re: [Boost-users] linking and including in visual studio
From: David Medine (dmedine_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-28 14:26:18

> What VS does have (and GCC does not) is auto-linking, which merely allows
> you to avoid having to explicitly specify the names of the Boost libraries
> to link with. But this is just the names, not the paths.
>
> There are many places that library paths can hide, however; they can
> include:
> * the project settings
> * property sheets imported by the project
> * the LIBPATH environment variable
> * Tools -> Options -> Projects and Solutions -> VC++ Directories (on
> older versions of VS) or the Microsoft.Win32.Cpp.user.props sheet (on newer
> versions of VS)
> All I know is where the settings have been moved to, ostensibly, and
> as they make sense. At some level, they should land in the project
> settings, not environment settings, not even VS settings.

Hmm, this goes against my hypothesis that BOOST_ROOT and Windows have a
special relationship.
> Whatever project management plumbing you're using, look forward to
> seeing your contributions.

I will let you know what I am able to figure out. At this point I think
it is worth the time to start from scratch and see where things land. I
don't know when I will be able to find the time to do it, though.