Subject: Re: [Boost-users] iostreams: ceased devolopment?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-03 11:11:59

On 6/3/16 4:47 AM, Christian Meesters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that there are numerous issues in the bug list, regarding
> boost iostreams. However, the current doc states Copyright 2004-2007 and
> Tickets do not receive responses. (I even read: "(I tried e-mailing
> Jonathan Turkanis directly, but the e-mail address on the website seems
> to be not used anymore)" in ticket 7574.
>
> So, my question is: I anyone maintaining this library? If not: I doubt
> that there is a good alternative, because iostreams just is convenient
> to use and a selling point to for boost. It would be a pitty.

Maybe you'd like to take over the maintainence yourself? Boost has a
program whereby you can become the official library maintainer (BLOM).
Since you depend upon the library and presumable have to monitor any
issues anyway you might want to consider this. It would be a good way
to make a valuable contribution to Boost and C++ without having to take
on alot of work you're not already doing. And being an official
maintainer of a well regarded boost library looks good on your resume as
well. It's a good career move.

Robert Ramey