Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Trouble Updating Boost to run OpenFOAM
From: Leon Mlakar (leon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-09 15:02:44

On 09.06.2016 20:19, Blair Climenhaga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you so much for your response, it was extremely informative.
> However things are still not as they should be. I completed the
> following installation procedure
>
> 1.
>
> Download an unzip to a directory to /home/su2/Programs such that
> boost_1_61_0 is now in the directory.
>
> 2. cd into the boost_1_61_0 directory
> 3.
>
> Ran ./bootstrap.sh
>
> 4.
>
> Ran ./b2 --prefix=/usr/local
>

> However searching through the /usr/local directory I cannot find the
> files. Returning to the boost_1_61_0 directory I see new files making
> me think it installed to the this directory instead, did I do
> something wrong? Is there a way to have the system look to here for
> the installed files?

Just found in my notes - this is how I built and installed Boost 1.58 on
Ubuntu 14.08 from the source package about a year ago:

    $ ./bootstrap.sh --exec-prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib
--includedir=/usr/include
    $ ./b2
    $ sudo ./b2 install

You may wish to use /usr/local, /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include
instead. I had a very specific reason not to.

Hope it helps,

Leon