Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Trouble Updating Boost to run OpenFOAM
From: Peter Steinbach (steinbach_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-09 15:03:49

Hi Blair,

the following will get the job done, but will clutter your system with
manually build binaries (which I don't recommend and others warned about
already).

On 09.06.2016 20:19, Blair Climenhaga wrote:

> 1.
>
> Download an unzip to a directory to /home/su2/Programs such that
> boost_1_61_0 is now in the directory.
>
> 2. cd into the boost_1_61_0 directory
> 3.
>
> Ran ./bootstrap.sh --prefix=/usr/local
>
> 4.
>
> Ran ./b2

         5. Ran sudo ./b2 install

You can do all steps as a regular user which has sudo rights.

As Leon suggests, this is documented in
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_61_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html#easy-build-and-install
!

Best,