Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Backend of multi_index container
From: Joaquin M López Muñoz (joaquinlopezmunoz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-23 03:07:05

El miércoles, 22 de junio de 2016, Anaswara Nair <anaswara.nn_at_[hidden]>
escribió:

    Hi, I was going through the documentation of boost::multi_index
    container. I would like
    to know what is in its back end. Something like B-Tree,B+tree,etc.?

Each ordered index is associated with a corresponding red-black tree
(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red%E2%80%93black_tree ).

    Actually I want to create a database(in the sense it contains
    millions of records), but need
    not be reusable at a later period of time. i.e, I am looking only
    for run-time persistent data.
    Once data is inserted to this, it will not be modified. And there
    will be a unique id for each
    record. I would also like to know whether multi_index is the best
    suited one for the
    implementation of my so called database.

Others have been known to use Boost.MultiIndex for similar purposes,
but it really depends on the functionality you need, your performance
requirements and the results of your performance tests.

Joaquín M López Muñoz