Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Insertion/Use of boost::multi_index - new thread
From: Dominique Devienne (ddevienne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-21 11:06:25

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Joaquin M López Muñoz <
joaquinlopezmunoz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> El 21/09/2016 a las 13:58, Ram escribió:
>
> Yes, it shows that the problem seems not to be really connected to
> Boost.MultiIndex.
> My hunch is this is related to the precompiled header effect you talked
> about some
> posts ago, or that there's an evil macro affecting this very simple code.

To make sense of evil macro errors, I often end up resorting to looking at
the preprocessed source.
Right-click your .cpp file in Visual Studio, Properties, Configuration
Properties, C/C++, Preprocessor,
and change Preprocess to a File to Yes (/P). Then CTRL-F7 that file, and
look for the .i on your disk.
The file will be big, but look for your own code in there, at the end, and
related to the error you get,
and if a macro replaced your program text in an unexpected manner, you'll
know the evil macro's name
(the original name in your code, now replaced to some crap that doesn't
compile), and can try to
find it in the header you #include (directly or not). Not sure if this
works with precompiled headers. --DD