Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] Runtime overhead of serialization archives
From: Ernest Zaslavsky (ernest.zaslavsky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-25 05:35:52

>> My XML Archives on linux settels at 50 MB/s. The text archives nearly at the same range too.
Oh, now I see, windows is much slower in XML
Well, looks like it is streams issue, streams never were known for great performance (at least on windows). That's why you cant use boost::lexical_cast if you are performance oriented. See the shotscreen attached. It all goes down to put/peek/ignore etc.
I guess this issue is eligible for Microsoft Connect issue to be opened :)