Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Issues trying to use boost::unordered_map
From: Ram (sourceopen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-28 12:14:43

Hi Daniel/Joaquin,

Please find my answers to your questions below,

[
#include <new>

int main() {
    int space;
    void* ptr = &space;
    new (ptr) int();
}

If that works okay, try also including the headers that you use in
your project to see if any of them cause it to stop working.
]

Yes, a fresh project with this program works. The only new header I had to
add is "boost/unordered_map.hpp". Adding that did not cause any compilation
problems

[
It might be an issue with precompiled headers. Someone solved a
similar problem by turning them off:
]
I suspected this previously, but turning this on/off did not cause any
issue is stand alone programs using multi_index/unordered_map.

[
Along that line, Ram, could you please verify if your project uses
DEBUG_NEW somewhere? Don't forget to check for macro definitions on the
project's properties window.
]
I did a search for DEBUG_NEW and didnt get any results. I also saw that the
only preprocessor defines we have are,
WIN32
_DEBUG
_CONSOLE