Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Issues trying to use boost::unordered_map
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-28 20:15:55

On 29/09/2016 05:14, Ram wrote:
>> Along that line, Ram, could you please verify if your project uses
>> DEBUG_NEW somewhere? Don't forget to check for macro definitions on the
>> project's properties window.
>
> I did a search for DEBUG_NEW and didnt get any results. I also saw
> that the only preprocessor defines we have are,
> WIN32
> _DEBUG
> _CONSOLE
> V_DEBUG

As suggested in the other thread, try setting C++ -> Preprocessor ->
Preprocess to a File -> Yes (/P) on the .cpp file that demonstrates the
compile error, and then compile that one file.

Afterwards, reset the setting to No, and then look around for a .i file
that it generated with the same base name. (It's usually either next to
the source file or in your obj or other intermediate directory.)

Search through this file for the line that generated the error and
you'll see what it really looks like to the compiler after the
preprocessor has finished. This might give you some hints as to the
source of the problem, which is almost certainly a #define new buried
somewhere in a header file.