Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Insertion/Use of boost::multi_index - new thread
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-29 01:27:00

On 29/09/2016 16:54, Ram wrote:
> Will try this after I try the other suggestion in the other thread of
> seeing the pre-processor output and trying to figure out if something is
> messed up there. I want to try this later since I am working on a huge
> project and this file is huge by itself and has over 15 or more includes.

You can do it the other way around as well. Create a new cpp file in
your project that has nothing but the STL and Boost includes (no
stdafx.h) and some basic exercising code and see if it compiles (it
should, unless the problem is a project setting).

Then gradually add your app-specific headers one at a time until it
breaks. If it's a "big" header that breaks it (like stdafx.h itself),
then try adding the individual includes within that header instead of
including the header itself, again one at a time until it breaks.

If there's lots of includes, you can do a bisection search on it -- add
half at a time, then if it breaks remove half of those, etc. If you're
careful this can be a bit faster sometimes but it's probably simpler to
stick to one at a time if your compile times are fairly short (which
they should be if you're just compiling the one file each time).