Subject: Re: [Boost-users] build of datetime library fails
From: Marcel Raad (raad_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-02 12:34:37

LAMOTTE Thierry wrote
> For the purpose of a project that uses Boost libraries, I tried rebuild
> Boost but I failed. I would please need some help to complete that
> building.
>
> My context is Microsoft Windows 7, 32 bits, Visual Studio 13 (msvc-12),
> Boost 1.54.0
>
> [...]
>
> My last try was with Boost 1.54.0 (the one used in the mentioned tuto),
> the build of datetime library fails (I attached the ouput) and frankly
> speaking I do not know where I should start looking for. If anyone could
> help me ?
>
> For note, at early stage, I tried with Boost 1.62.0, but the outcome was
> even worse, I gave up.

The first Boost version to support Visual C++ 2013 was 1.56, you need this
commit:
https://github.com/boostorg/mpl/commit/d6c3a16e1e5374b5304d538b8cbbb25b1000e552

What version of Visual Studio 2013 are you using? I also had ICEs after a
Boost update, but Update 5 works fine for me with Boost 1.62.

Marcel