Subject: [Boost-users] Problem compiling a code that uses Boost
From: Fernando E Alva Manchego (fealvamanchego1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-04 14:39:17

Hello,

I'm trying to compile a code that uses boost. The code is this one:

http://people.eng.unimelb.edu.au/tcohn/t3.html

The version of boost installed in the machine is: 1.41

The machine where I'm running this code is a Scientific Linux release 6.8
(Carbon).

The detailed error message that I get can be seen here:
http://pastebin.com/ADj4j6k0

Basically, the errors messages are like this:

undefined reference to
`boost::program_options::options_description::options_description(...)
undefined reference to
`boost::program_options::validation_error::get_template(...)

-lboost_program_options is in the compilation line.

And I've checked using 'locate' that /usr/lib64 (as appears in the
compilation line) contains:

/usr/lib64/libboost_program_options-mt.so
/usr/lib64/libboost_program_options-mt.so.5
/usr/lib64/libboost_program_options.so
/usr/lib64/libboost_program_options.so.5

I would really appreciate any help you could help me with this error.

Best,
Fernando