Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Using Boost 1.63 on Windows with FindBoost.cmake
From: Chris Glover (c.d.glover_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-02-22 14:23:31

> Boost version: 1.63.0
>

> Boost include path: C:/Kellekek/Boost/1.63.0-prebuilt
>

> Could not find the following Boost libraries:
>

> boost_chrono
>

> Some (but not all) of the required Boost libraries were found. You may
>
> need to install these additional Boost libraries. Alternatively, set
>
> BOOST_LIBRARYDIR to the directory containing Boost libraries or
> BOOST_ROOT
>
> to the location of Boost.
>
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>
> CMakeLists.txt:26 (find_package)
>

> As far as FindBoost.cmake goes, it seems to know chrono for 1.63. So how
> should this work?

FindBoost.cmake works for me with 1.63. but I'm not using the
"Boost::<library>" syntax, I'm just using the ${Boost_LIBRARIES} variable,
which brings in the libs you specify in find_package, but not the relevant
dependencies (I think), so it's slightly more manual because you need to
manually ass boost_system,etc.

target_link_libraries (${declare_trisycl_test_TARGET}

                       ${Boost_LIBRARIES})

The other mistake I make from time to time is 32bit vs 64bit libraries --
in this case I get the exact error you are getting because it finds the
headers but not libs of the correct architecture.

Hope this helps.

-- chris