Subject: Re: [Boost-users] CMake Announcement from Boost Steering Committee
From: Roger Leigh (rleigh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-18 19:43:20

On 18/07/17 20:36, Oliver Kowalke via Boost-users wrote:

> I'm one of the maintainers of the CMake Boost support
> (https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/master/Modules/FindBoost.cmake
> <https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/master/Modules/FindBoost.cmake>
>

> Roger, can Cmake be used for boost.context?
> Especially this library required to know the architecture, ABI, binary
> format, address model ... in order to select the right assembler?

We have the header and dependency information for boost.context (thread
chrono system date_time) and components depending upon boost.context
(coroutine, coroutine2, fiber), all extracted from the header autolink
information. This information varies for older Boost releases.

Whether that's correct, sufficient or functional I'm afraid I don't know
because I've not used it myself. How is boost.context normally informed
about these details when compiling and linking?

If there's additional work we need to do to make this work, I'll be
happy to look into it.

Regards,
Roger