Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [filesystem] Strange "Function not implemented" exception from directory_iterator
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-28 19:19:26

On 7/28/2017 10:59 AM, Robert Dailey via Boost-users wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Edward Diener via Boost-users
> <boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 7/27/2017 4:49 PM, Robert Dailey via Boost-users wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyone have any advice on this issue?
>>

>> Please do not top post.

>> In the source code for operations.cpp in the directory_iterator_increment
>> function you can see where the exception is being thrown. After building
>> filesystem, try tracing into the above function to see what is going on.
>
> If by "tracing" you mean debug, I can't.

Yes, I meant debug.

> This is using Android NDK and
> I'm using CMake to build against that toolchain. At the moment I
> cannot get on-device debugging working, and using an emulator is out
> of the question for various reasons I don't dive into.
>
> Any other advice? Thanks for the reply, by the way.

I do not know the Android NDK at all, and I am not the author of
filesystem. Your other alternatives might be:

1) Insert some sort of output/logging type statements in the filesystem
source which will tell you more about why this error is happening.

not available, as a bug in the Boost Trac system.

For 1) I pointed out to you from where the error is occurring and it
should be fairly easy for you to drill down further in the code in order
to try to get more specific information.