Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [filesystem] Strange "Function not implemented" exception from directory_iterator
From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-28 14:59:14

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Edward Diener via Boost-users
<boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 7/27/2017 4:49 PM, Robert Dailey via Boost-users wrote:
>>
>> Anyone have any advice on this issue?
>

> Please do not top post.
>

>> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 4:34 PM, Robert Dailey <rcdailey.lists_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm using a recursive_directory_iterator on an Android ARM device
>>> (armeabi-v7a, clang compiler, API 15, LLVM STL). The exception I get
>>> comes from directory_iterator_increment in operations.cpp (when it
>>> does the dir_itr_increment() call and checks the `temp_ec` variable,
>>> there is a throw below that).
>>>
>>> The what() of the exception says:
>>>
>>> boost::filesystem::directory_iterator::operator++: Function not
>>> implemented: "/data/ziosk/content/Common/DemoMode/font"
>>>
>>> I doubt this is a permissions issue. Which function is not
>>> implemented? Is this a POSIX / LIBC issue? I have no idea at this
>>> point...
>

> In the source code for operations.cpp in the directory_iterator_increment
> function you can see where the exception is being thrown. After building
> filesystem, try tracing into the above function to see what is going on.

If by "tracing" you mean debug, I can't. This is using Android NDK and
I'm using CMake to build against that toolchain. At the moment I
cannot get on-device debugging working, and using an emulator is out
of the question for various reasons I don't dive into.

Any other advice? Thanks for the reply, by the way.