Subject: [Boost-users] Could guys help me on a boost MPI link error
From: Renfan Luo (Renfan.Luo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-16 11:37:14

Hi All

I have built boost binary library on my PC workstation in windows 10 using VS 2017 for boost 1.65.1 successfully for application of MPI in my project. I had a simple test for MPI which worked perfectly. So I moved to a further test using boost example "odeint-v2/examples/mpi/phase_chain.cpp", which is applied to solve ODE with MPI capacity. When I tried to build the project, it gives me an error

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK1112 module machine type 'x86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64' MPI-test2 C:\Users\renfanluo\source\repos\MPI-test2\MPI-test2\libboost_mpi-vc141-mt-1_65_1.lib(environment.obj) 1

I googled, then I went to properties->Linker->Advanced->Target Machine, changed to "MachineX86 (/MACHINE:X86)", then rebuild the project, now the error changes to

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK1112 module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'x86' MPI-test2 C:\Users\renfanluo\source\repos\MPI-test2\MPI-test2\x64\Release\MPItest2.obj 1

So this shows that simply changing the target machine setting in VS will not work. Could you guys give me some indications of how to fix this problem.

Best regards
Renfan