Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Could guys help me on a boost MPI link error
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-16 12:06:17

On 16 November 2017 at 05:37, Renfan Luo via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> So this shows that simply changing the target machine setting in VS will
> not work. Could you guys give me some indications of how to fix this
> problem.

You have more than one problem (apparently) related to mixing 32 and 64 bit
binaries. You don't state what you would like to have as a binary, 32 or 64
bit, but you should decide and then verify that all your to be linked in
libraries are all in that bitness.

Then I suggest you just create a new project from scratch (copy the source
files from the old project into the new project), respecting the bitness.
i.e. choose Win32 or x64 from the pull-down menu at the top of the IDE.

This seems a bit drastic, but you'll save yourself the trouble of debugging
your project (for a 5 minute job). Once you've got a working project I
suggest you create a project template from that, so in the future a new
project can be generated from that template (in seconds). Just do the
google or checkout f.e. this
<https://blog.jayway.com/2015/03/13/visual-studio-how-to-create-a-solution-template-with-multiple-projects/>
or this <https://rehansaeed.com/custom-visual-studio-project-templates/>
(just some results that popped up doing some duckin).

Hope that helps,

degski