Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Adding C++/CLI code to my project makes app crash on startup
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-11 14:16:26

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 4:43 AM, Sergio Basurco via Boost-users
<boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm building some C++/CLI code into a DLL. This DLL acts as a wrapper to C#
> code that I use from my native C++ application.
>
> I double checked that the DLL is built as x86. My Boost build is also x86.
> So I don't think it has to do with architecture. Also tried adding
> /MACHINE:X86 to the linking parameters.
>
> My CLI/C++ code does not use boost at all. It is my application that uses
> both boost code and the CLI dll.

Explain that.

You cannot do unmanaged things in a managed (CLI) application.

You are probably referencing into an Any CPU or x64 project, which is
not guaranteed to work, and/or may require additional parameters.

I'm not sure how you link the Boost DLL with the target application.

As I and others have stated, you can do this with your C++/CLI
project, i.e. using Boost "inside", so to speak, but you need to be
aware of the CLI-isms bridging into the .NET managed memory space.

Show some projects on Github exactly what you're doing.