Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Boost.Asio] defer, dispatch and post differences?
From: Richard Hodges (hodges.r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-05 09:10:33

*post* used to cause the handler to be executed some time in the future on
a thread associated with the executor. It was guaranteed not to happen
immediately.
*dispatch* used to:
  a. if called by a thread currently associated with the executor, cause
the handler to happen now.
  b. otherwise behave as per post.

Has this really changed, or does the documentation have an error?