Subject: [Boost-users] Debugging into .ipp files
From: Abhishek Deshpande (abhinuke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-12 09:44:23

Hello boost users and gurus,

I built boost 1.56 and client code both with -g option.

When I try to debug the code, the TUI mode in GDB just wont let me navigate
inside the .ipp files of boost libraries.

This is a real hassle and as a work around, I generated a preprocessed
output file from gcc option -E and renamed it as New.cpp file.

This renamed New.cpp will have all of the template instantiations (the ones
I was trying to navigate in .ipp file) of a particular boost library (e.g.
serialization) embedded in it.

I then compiled this New.cpp using -g and debugged it to see some miracle.

But it still just doesn't navigate to places (template instantiations that
are embedded inside New.cpp) .

As such I am in dire need to find a way to debug these .ipp files. I hope I
have made my intent clear over here.

How do I debug into .ipp files using gdb ?
Thanks,
AD