Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Pointer Container Library changes in 1.66.0
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-04-05 16:45:29

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 11:25 AM, Daniel James via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 5 April 2018 at 16:11, Thorsten Ottosen via Boost-users
> <boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > It's the fact that one of the merged changes was to inherit privately
> from
> > the clone_allocator which in turn forbids the use of final classes as
> > clone_allocator types.
>
> Oh, that's something I haven't thought about. There are quite a few
> places in boost where inheritance from generic types is used,
> presumably they've all got the same problem. I'm not sure if there's a
> good way to handle this.

Can't you just wrap it and derive from the wrapper?

For instance, I have a wrapper (which is a little overkill for this) at
ebo_wrapper.h <https://github.com/nliber/cool/blob/master/ebo_wrapper.h>.
My version uses the traits in std, but Boost.TypeTraits
<https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_66_0/libs/type_traits/doc/html/index.html>
has equivalents.

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden] <nevin_at_[hidden]>>
+1-847-691-1404