Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Why is BOOST_OS_WINDOWS defined on Linux
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-05-04 14:15:39

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 7:34 AM, David Demelier via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 11:54:41AM +0000, Chris Glover wrote:
> > On Fri, 4 May 2018 at 01:57 David Demelier <markand_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > > Just curious, is there some coding convention in boost? I just realized
> > > predef is the only one component that I use which use .h header suffix
> > > instead of .hpp.
> >
> > There are some rough guidelines here:
> >
> > https://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html
>
> Thanks, that is handy!
>
> > "Files intended to be processed by a C++ compiler as part of a
> translation
> > unit should have a three-letter filename extension ending in "pp". Other
> > files should not use extensions ending in "pp". This convention makes it
> > easy to identify all of the C++ source in Boost."
> >
> > So, the .h files don't require a C++ compiler and could be used in C.
>
> Understood, thanks for that quick replies!

Not just C. The Predef headers where designed to compile with C++, C,
Objective C, and Objective C++. Essentially any language that uses the C
preprocessor can use the Predef headers.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything