Subject: [Boost-users] Boost and Intellisense
From: Leo Cacciari (leo.cacciari_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-05-15 06:55:22

Hi,

I'm developing a windows application using boost libraries.
Unfurtunately, some parameters of it are totally out of my control,
nor I have the leverage needed to change it. Namely,

- the application *must* use Visual C++ 9.0 runtime
- the IDE to be used is capped at Visual Studio 2013
- to avoid problems with other related projects, the boost release
should be 1.54.0 (here I have a modicum of liberty, as far as the
previous two conditions are
  satisfied)

I may live whit all of the above, however Intellisense has some
glitches that are annoying me. For one, it appears unable to recognize
the boost::asio::ip namespace. If I define a variable as, for instance

   boost::asio::ip::udp::endpoint ep;

Intellisense marks 'ip' in red and keeps saying that ep is undefined
(and consequently doesn't offer completion for its methods). I have
tried including directly boost/asio/ip/udp.hpp and also putting an
"using boost::asio::ip::udp" before the above definition as in

#include <boost/asio/ip/udp.hpp>

using boost::asio::ip::udp;

udp::endpoint ep;

but nothing changes (I'll gladly post a screenshot if I knew which is
the accepted way to post images to this list).

It should be noted that, aside from this and some analogous problems,
Intellisense works fine, making the above even more annoying. Does
anyone have a solution to this problem that do not violate the
aforementioned constraints?

Thanks in avance

lc

--
Leo Cacciari
Aliae nationes servitutem pati possunt. Populi Romani est propria libertas.