Subject: Re: [Boost-users] signals2
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-04 14:17:12

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 9:51 AM Tim Burgess via Boost-users
<boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A friend pointed me at this library, as it may solve a problem for me.

Which problem is?

> Am I correct in thinking that a signal can be activated once all of its slots are filled and not before?

It's been awhile since I last used Boost and/or Signals2... But if
memory serves, it is the C++ analog to C# events and event handlers.

I'm not sure what you mean "activated". In event terms, raising the
event, perhaps?

My understanding is that you can raise the event, but there does not
necessarily need to be an event handler on the other end of the
callback. Although, from my experience designing event driven systems,
there usually is, I think.