Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost version 1.69.0 already included in list of known versions in FindBoost.cmake module
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-17 21:28:04

Hi,

First, try -DBoost_DEBUG=ON and compare what the module is trying to find,
with what you actually have on disk, with what names and where.

I always use the very latest CMake.

If I can not use the latest (e.g. Visual Studio 2017/2019 integration with
CMake),
then I download the latest FindBoost.cmake, like so
https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/develop/CMakeLists.txt#L52-L76

Here, I keep notes on issues I encounter while using the latest
FindBoost.cmake
https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/develop/CONTRIBUTING.md#using-cmake

Now, assuming you have CMake 3.13+ or latest FindBoost.cmake,
in case you have built Boost with --layout=versioned (default on Windows)

1. Hint CMake about architecture: -DBoost_ARCHITECTURE=-x64

Learn more here
https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/merge_requests/2568#note_479997

2. Hint CMake about compiler:-DBoost_COMPILER=-vc141
(or -DBoost_COMPILER=-gcc5 or any compiler you used)

3. If still failing, -DBoost_DEBUG=ON and analyze the output again, and
again

Regards,
Mateusz Loskot

-----