Subject: Re: [Boost-users] I ran b2 with the -d+2 command and redirected the output to a file
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-05 06:35:41

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 at 00:02, Osman Zakir via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> If I post here which libraries failed, and then show the log file again,
> will I get more help that way?
>
> I passed arguments "--prefix=C:/Boost" and "--build-dir=C:/Boost_Build",
> and I have no Boost directory right now even after the build completed.
> And I had that same "failed updating 44 targets" error again too. But I do
> have .lib files for the following libraries in the stage/lib directory in
> C:/boost_1_69_0:
>
> Atomic, Chrono, Container, Context, Contract, Coroutine, Date_time,
> Exception, Fiber, Filesystem, Graph, Iostreams, Locale, Math_c99 (including
> f and l ones), Math_tr1 (including f and l ones), Prg_exec_monitor,
> Program_options, Python37, Random, Regex, Serialization, Stacktrace_noop,
> System, Text_exec_monitor, Thread, Timer, Type_erasure,
> Unit_test_framework, Wave, Wserialization.

Your .\b2 command should be finished off by "install", then you'll get in
C:\Boost (because that's what's your prefix a include, bin and a lib
directory. I use the following b2 line:

b2 -a -d+2 -j2 --toolset=clang-win --abbreviate-paths --prefix=%PREFIX%
--build-dir=c:\boost-build --without-python --without-mpi
--without-graph_parallel --disable-filesystem2 -o%HOME%\clang_log.log
"-sZLIB_SOURCE=%HOME%\zlib-1.2.8" "-sBZIP2_SOURCE=%HOME%\bzip2-1.0.6"
variant=debug variant=release threading=multi link=static
runtime-link=static architecture=x86 address-model=64
instruction-set=haswell install

I suggest that you, apart from the "install", add "--abbreviate-paths" as
well, as some stuff might be failing due to excessively long path names
[longer than 260 characters, which you on Win10 could fix at the OS-level].

There should be 3 stacktrace libs.

degski

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*