Subject: Re: [Boost-users] I ran b2 with the -d+2 command and redirected the output to a file
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-07 04:07:32

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 at 20:24, Osman Zakir via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I used MSVC itself this time rather than Clang,
> though. And standards-conformance mode is turned on with "/permissive-"
> since nonconformance mode is turned on with "/permissive".

What Paul was suggesting is to forget about the conformance-mode and just
pick a standard (C++14, the default or C++17), as you are just making your
own life difficult by imposing conformance, while Boost has many well
tested work-arounds for those non-conformant constructs in MSVC. The
imposed conformance itself might also interact badly with those
work-arounds.

degski

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*