Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Server application won't bind to ports on IP address other than my internal ones
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-10 11:15:19

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 at 12:15, Osman Zakir via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> If you guys haven't already, I'd like to ask you to read my app's source
> code. Especially the C++ code. And please also actually get the code and
> try to run it (though for that you'll need Jinja2Cpp and Nlohmann/JSON and
> also a Google Maps API Key and currencylayer.com API access key). I need
> some help in debugging the networking code. I also opened an issue about
> this ten days on the Boost.Asio GitHub, the link for which is:
> https://github.com/boostorg/asio/issues/184 . The link to my app's code
> on GitHub is there, as well as the links to the Boost.Beast example code
> that I used (note: I didn't write the networking code myself; I just used
> the examples given on Beast's GitHub repository and extended it to also
> handle POST requests).
>
> If there's any info you guys need that I haven't given yet, let me know
> and I'll give it.

You're kiddin' right?

You are actually asking [some pretty busy] people to [get acquainted with,
and] debug your code for you, for free, I presume. Iff you have a minimal
example exposing you're problem, maybe some help might come your way, but
you're already sighting a gazillion dependencies, the problem could be
anywhere [but most probably in your own code, look there, check invariants,
assumptions you make and re-read docs pertaining to your dependencies]. You
write: "... I just used the examples given on Beast's GitHub repository and
extended it to also handle POST requests)", that sounds like a likely
candidate [the "just" doesn't sound right in my ear].

degski

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*