Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Server application won't bind to ports on IP address other than my internal ones
From: Osman Zakir (osmanzakir90_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-10 15:50:13

I just tried commenting out the POST request handling code and the client_session stuff, and then tried to run it with my external IP, but the same error from bind() came up saying that the requested address is not valid in its context. I also tried using the wildcard IP 0.0.0.0 as the command line argument for the address when running the server and entering my external IP into the browser address bar, but I still couldn't visit the app in the browser (can't get to it either way). The problem is probably in the server code, and is because of Asio (probably). I need some advice on how best to confirm this and troubleshoot the problem. Thanks in advance.