Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost.test] Colors
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-02-20 21:38:56

On 31.10.18 10:00, Udo Steinbach via Boost-users wrote:
> Ahoi!
>
> I use boost.test and have now updated to boost v1.68 on Windows, working in standard console. Now Test has colored output, YEAH. The result you see in the picture https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/36193998/no_error_detected.png
> Notice that I don't use the standard color scheme.
> With set BOOST_TEST_COLOR_OUTPUT=1 text is light green on gray, bad to read. set BOOST_TEST_COLOR_OUTPUT=0 does black on gray. After that the colors are set to my scheme.
> Now error result with set BOOST_TEST_COLOR_OUTPUT=1: https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/36193997/failure.png
> Light red on gray, OK to read, but reset to dark red on gray. I have to use the color command to reset the colors.
> With command line options it's all the same.
> Hmmm, how useful can colors be, if the standard output (no error detected) is only one short line?
>
> Both pics on https://www.pic-upload.de/gal-1197957/om664y/1.html

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I am not reading this list quite often and I
suggest you open an issue next time on GitHub :)

For the colors issue, there was a bug in 1.68 that was not resetting the
colors properly, and this was fixed in 1.69. Now the color scheme is not
at best for your setup indeed. I worked on this with the default scheme
on Windows. I am happy to receive any suggestions to improve this!

Thanks,
Raffi