Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost Log without ASIO or OpenSSL
From: Richard Hodges (hodges.r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-10 19:14:54

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 at 15:40, james <dirtydroog_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sunday, March 10, 2019, Richard Hodges via Boost-users <
> boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> AFAIR boost.log does not depend on boost.asio at all.
>>

> It appears it does:
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39948997/use-of-boost-log-and-boost-asio-causes-a-crash

With respect, the linked question seems to be about a crash when combining
boost.log and boost.asio with each from different versions of boost . This
is unsurprising since both libraries will depend on boost.core.

I am very sure that boost.log has no direct dependency on boost.asio. I use
these libraries a lot.