From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-07-16 00:27:45

On 15/07/2019 18:34, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 7:11 AM Christopher Pisz wrote:
>
> It ends up that my problem is that if you click on a console window
> in windows 10, the program ceases execution when it enters "quick
> edit" mode.
>
> I was not aware of that new behavior and thought the timer was not
> working. The program run fine, as is, if you don't touch the mouse.
>
> FWIW, that's not new behavior. It's always been that way in the DOS
> console. --DD

Prior to Windows 10, QuickEdit was disabled by default, though. It only
paused if you selected the Mark menu option explicitly, not if you
simply left-clicked the window. (Unless you enabled that option yourself.)

You can turn QuickEdit off in the console properties if it's annoying.

(Also, oddly, I didn't receive Christopher's reply above...)