From: David Demelier (markand_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-10-10 12:46:16

Le 08/10/2019 à 18:52, Mateusz Loskot via Boost-users a écrit :
>> 1. This essentially means library maintainers are choosing to maintain
>> at least 2 build systems (bjam for overall boost build, + whatever
>> preferential build system they use for the library itself).
>
> It is not as difficult or time consuming as one may think.

No offense but who on earth except Boost really use bjam by choice?

I also second the idea of having a unique top level CMake (plus
individual CMake for each library) build system to build all libraries.
Especially since CMake is much superior to bjam regarding portability
and options. For now each time I need to configure Boost for a custom
build I need to spend a lot of time in the Boost Build documentation
which isn't easy IMHO.

Regards,

--
David