From: Leon Mlakar (leon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-05-30 10:53:49

Hi Ruiz,

On 26.05.2020 17:13, RUIZ PUJADAS, Esmeralda via Boost-users wrote:
> Hello, I wanted to install the version 1.67 in mac as i have it in
> windows (the newest version 1.73 is not working for me) but i read
> that it is not compatible with mac. The version compatible with
> mac is above 1.69. So i decided to install this one. If I am mistaken
> let me know.

you may wish to install prebuilt Boost libraries from Homebrew
(https://brew.sh) ...  they do a great job of porting and maintaining a
huge number of open source products that do not come with MacOS. I
believe  they maintain a reasonable number of old versions, too, so you
may still be able to get 1.69 .. another source of ported software
(Boost included) for macOS is MacPorts but I personally prefer Homebrew

Boost 1.69 is definitely compatible with macOS ... even much older
versions are ... though building older Boost versions on the newer
version of macOS (newer than available at the time the Boost version was
released) may require a tweak or two ... Catalina, for instance,
completely got rid of /usr/include subtree ...

Cheers,

Leon